Saturday, March 14, 2009

Five Little Monkeys

The past few weeks have been particularly hectic. I honestly do not know if I have been able to fully process everything that has happened due to little to no "down-time." After an eight day trip to Colorado (Thanks again, family! We had a wonderful time!), Not Steve and I returned home to an awaiting Primary lesson, an unplanned Sharing Time, the R.S. Birthday Dinner (Not Steve = the cook), and a week of caring for/playing with five little (fabulous) monkeys.

I volunteered Not Steve's expertise once again for the R.S. Birthday Dinner (sometimes it's just easier to do it all on your own!). He made the most delicious fajitas and fresh salsa EVER! He is such a stud! The ladies were beside themselves (mainly because they wished their husbands were as accommodating, talented, and as serviceable as mine) and couldn't stop raving about how amazing his food tasted. I just smiled. I put together centerpieces and an adapted version of the game show "Family Feud" for our entertainment. It was full of R.S. history and really random and hilarious "survey questions." It proved to be a successful event. And now it is over! :)



My brother treated his incredible wife to a (much needed and well deserved) week-long cruise. The kids spent most of their time at their "other" grandparent's house, but were allowed to come and play with us for five hours every day whilst G-ma and G-pa went to work.


So of course we put them to work. :)

We made...



leprechaun hats
yarn bracelets (thanks, Auntie Anna!)
a welcome home banner
paper leis
rainbow streamers


We ate snacks...


And snuggled...


We played games...

St. Paddy's Day BINGO
Traffic Jam
Golf Ball Puzzle
Kickball
Frisbee
Two-square
Hopscotch
Coloring
Sidewalk chalk
Wolf & the Egg
Mother May I
Red Light, Green Light

And some story times were in there too.

It was a super fun time for us all...though Auntie Al and Uncle E are EXHAUSTED! :) I don't know how you parents do it! One of the kiddos made a comment about how their mommy and daddy are always tired.
Me: "Do you know why your parents are always tired?"
Kiddo: "No."
Me: "It's because they spend all day taking care of you, which is A LOT of work. They love you and enjoy it, but KIDS ARE EXHAUSTING!"
Kiddo: "Oh. I guess that makes sense."
Ha! Super cute! Perhaps they'll have a little more understanding about what goes into their daily care... ??? Good times!

And now it's on to the next week of adventures...

5 comments:

Tricky Trix said...

Your life is VERY busy and happening! You know how we deal with raising kids? We get them one at a time, not all at once :)
Sure love you both!

Speer Family said...

WOW!! You guys have been crazy busy also! I'll be up on friday for Trey farewell. I can't wait to see you guys!

Love you guys!!

Melly said...

It was great to see you guys last night! I always love being in the temple with my family! :)

skdesertfun said...

Sounds like party party super fun. I need to come back up and see yall.

hansen7coleader said...

Thanks for watching the "monkeys" they had a great time! You guys rock!